WinRAR is the most popular and best compression / decompression software available today. Born after his brother, WinZip, WinRAR has completely surpassed nowadays WinZip in terms of file compression quality and ease of use. In addition, it is equipped with additional security features, file integrity checks, ability to repair, restore, split files and more.
What’s New on WinRAR Latest
- WinRAR and the RAR command line use the default RAR 5.0 Archive Format format. You can convert to RAR 4.x compatible format with RAR4 option.
- Use the Set master password button in the Organize passwords dialog box to encrypt the saved password record and prevent outside access. If the saved password is protected by the master password, you need to enter the master password and click OK to access. Once entered, the master password will be used until WinRAR is closed.
- The window offering to create a master password will appear when storing the password in the archive.
- By default, WinRAR uses AES-256 in CTR mode to encrypt the ZIP file.
- Support extracting .LZ files created by Lzip compression tools.
- Modern TAR tools can store multiple files with high precision, long file names or large file sizes.
- New Store modification time option on Time page can save file modification time in RAR 5.x folder.
- The new Full paths in title bar option is in the Settings / General dialog box.
- The new File types to open as archives first option under Settings / Compression.
- Add the new Copy full names to clipboard command in the File menu.
- Some changes in the context menu displayed when right clicking the file list on WinRAR.
- LZ and ZIPX are added to the link list in Settings / Integration dialog.
- Same 1 other features and bug fixes.
Benefits of WinRAR file compression software
- Save disk space and transmission costs.
- Support RAR and ZIP, can decompress CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, bz2, JAR, ISO, 7z, Z.
- There is an interactive graphical interface using mouse and menus, as well as a command line interface.
- Easy to use, “Wizard” mode gives you quick access to the basic archiving function through a simple question and answer. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- Uses 128 bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption algorithm.
- Supports UDF 2.50, for ability to decompress ISO files of Blu-ray discs. Display UDF version when browsing ISO file in WinRAR address bar.
- Pre-set commonly used compression and decompression passwords to use them when needed.
- Allows to group decompress files with the same password.
- Display the compression and decompression process under the Windows 7 Taskbar.
- Good support for Unicode encoding, helping you to name, convert and search files with Vietnamese accents.
- Unzip the directory according to the structure in the archive.
The main feature of WinRAR decompression software
- WinRAR introduces a primitive compression algorithm, which provides a high compression ratio on executable files, object libraries, large text files, etc.
- WinRAR provides a highly optimized optional compression algorithm for multimedia data
- WinRAR supports files and archives up to 9,223.372,036,854,775,807byte, equivalent to 9,000PB. Unlimited file storage for all practical purposes
- WinRAR fully supports RAR, ZIP archives and can decompress CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, Z, 7Z formats.
- WinRAR supports NTFS file security and data streaming
- WinRAR offers both a classic Windows interface and a command line interface
- WinRAR provides the function to create “solid” archives, which can increase the compression ratio by 10% to 50% compared to conventional compression methods, especially when packing a large number of files. small
- WinRAR can create and change SFX archives using default or external SFX module.
- WinRAR offers several service functions, such as setting a password, adding comments. Even damaged archives can be repaired and an archive file can be locked to prevent changes.
In short, WinRAR is still considered the most powerful file compression and decompression software available today. It supports a wide range of popular compression formats and the most useful features while maintaining a user-friendly interface. Download WinRAR to compress and decompress files efficiently.