When choosing to download most software from the Microsoft Store, you have the option of using Download Manager or downloading from a browser. However, when you buy Microsoft Windows 7 from the Microsoft Store, you have an additional choice: whether to download a compressed file or download an ISO file. In it, an ISO file will combine all the installation files Windows 7 into a single archive.
When you choose to download the ISO file (to create a bootable file from a DVD or USB flash drive), copy the Windows 7 ISO file onto a storage device and run Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool. Then, you can install Windows 7 on your computer directly from the DVD or USB flash drive. Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool allows you to use USB to install Windows 7 instead of having to use DVD as usual.
Note: When downloading the ISO file, you must copy the file to a DVD or USB flash drive to install Windows 7. After you are ready to install Windows 7, insert the USB flash drive into the USB port or DVD into your DVD drive, and then run Setup.exe from the root folder on that drive.
- Processor: Pentium 233 MHz or higher (300 MHz recommended).
- Hard drive space: 50 MB.
- Removable DVD-R drive or 4 GB USB flash drive.
How to install Windows USB / DVD Download tool
1. Click to open the Windows USB / DVD Download tool installation file.
2. When prompted to save the file to drive or run it, select Tremor.
3. Follow the steps in the installation dialog box. You should see an option to locate the Windows USB / DVD Download Tool installation location.
Note: You need to have admin rights on the computer you are installing Windows USB / DVD Download tool on. Tool required Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 and up.
How to use Windows 7 USB / DVD Download tool
Before running Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool, make sure you purchased the Windows 7 ISO from the Microsoft Store and downloaded the Windows 7 ISO file to your hard drive. If you bought Windows 7 but haven’t downloaded the ISO file, you can download it from your Microsoft Store account.
To make a copy of the Windows 7 ISO file
1. Click the button Windows START, and click Windows USB / DVD Download Tool in the ALL PROGRAMS list to open Windows USB / DVD Download Tool.
2. In the SOURCE FILE box, enter a name and path for your Windows ISO file, or click BROWSE and select that file from the OPEN dialog box. Click NEXT.
3. Select USB DEVICE to make a copy on a USB flash drive or select a DVD drive to make a copy on a DVD.
4. If you copy the file to a USB flash drive, select your USB device from the list and click BEGIN COPYING. If you copy the file to DVD, click BEGIN BURNING.
Once your Windows 7 ISO file has been copied onto the selected device, install Windows by moving to the root folder of the DVD or USB flash drive and then double-clicking Setup.exe.