Windows Essentials is a free suite of applications that helps users to manage and edit photos, videos, emails, create blog posts, and keep files in sync.
Install Windows Essentials 2012 applications
The first interesting point is that Windows Essentials has decided to drop the word “Live” in the name. Windows Essentials provides Microsoft users with a suite of desktop applications that simplify the user’s activities on their personal computers: from the ability to edit photos with Photo Gallery, make a movie with Movie Maker and access the data stored in the cloud with OneDrive.
With Windows 7, this suite of applications includes simple tools that are very powerful integrated with web services Windows Live. In addition it also supports to increase the working efficiency of the computer.
Windows Essentials includes many applications like Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Mail (Windows 7 only), Writer (Windows 7 only), Microsoft OneDrive and Family Safety. These applications all have many useful features, specifically as below.
Movie Maker in Windows Essentials 2012
Movie Maker is an application that helps users to create personal movies more easily and subtly. Users can tell stories in their own style through a video made of photos and videos with just a few clicks.
The main feature of the Movie Maker application
- Crop, rotate and add effects
- Animate the text
- Add video for audio
- Add music and narration
- Stability control at an advanced level
Photo Gallery is an application that helps the user’s photos become more beautiful. This application allows users to manage, edit and post their own photos.
The main feature of the Photo Gallery application
- Combine photos
- Generate panoramic photos
- Edit photo
- Collage photos into collages
Microsoft OneDrive is a very convenient online storage application for individuals. After installing OneDrive on all of their computers, users can access the latest versions of the files from anywhere.
The main feature of the Microsoft OneDrive app
- Keep personal content in a trusted place
- Access from anywhere
- Share data privately with selected people
Main features of the Mail app (Windows 7 only)
- Allows users to manage multiple email accounts, calendar, contacts and new groups. All appear in the same place
- Allows users to use this app online or offline
Writer app helps users create blog posts in minutes, attach photos, videos, maps and more. The user can then post those to any of their favorite blogging services.
Main features of the Writer app (Windows 7 only)
- Add photos, videos, maps and more to your blog, then post to popular blogs easily
- Users can access posted blog posts and drafts on their computer from anywhere
- Integration with Photo Gallery application and many new templates (templates)
Key features of Family Safety app (Windows 7 only)
- Help parents control the content their children access online, manage email and texting contacts
- Has a secure search feature
- Manage children’s activities on the computer and online activities easily
Changes in Windows Essential 2012
Among the above applications then Movie Maker and Photo Gallery are the two applications with the most significant changes.
Movie Maker has been improved to increase performance by speeding up graphics and processing. Images will also be less blurred or shaky with image stabilization. The ability to insert background music for movies or search has also been enhanced when Microsoft is working with a number of other partners. The video now exports the H.264 codec by default. In addition, the application still has old features such as crop, rotate, insert dialogue or add effects to videos …
Photo Gallery has added new features named Auto Collage. From 7 photos or more, Photo Gallery will automatically create collage style collage. The old features and the feature to create panoramas (panoramas) remain the same.
Create collage with Photo Gallery in Windows Essentials 2012
The suite includes OneDrive Allows access and management of data stored in the cloud Mail brings the ability to manage many different mail accounts along with the ability to work online and offline … not much has changed from previous versions of Windows Live Essentials.
Another change to note is Microsoft application suite Windows Essentials 2012 no longer supports Windows XP and Vista but requires Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. All of these applications are provided. all free from Microsoft and it’s all wrapped up in a download link. Let’s download Windows Essentials 2012 to connect to your computer most comprehensively.
- Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit versions, Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit versions, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Processor: 1.6 GHz or higher with support for SSE2. SSE2 is supported on Pentium 4 and AMD K8 and above processors
- Memory: 1 GB RAM or more
- Resolution: Minimum 1024 × 576
- Internet connection: Online services require a dial up or high-speed Internet connection (private lines, distance charges may apply). High speed Internet is recommended to use some features
- Graphics Card: Windows Movie Maker requires support for the graphics card DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 2 and above
Additional requirements: Windows Photo Gallery and Movie Maker have some features that require DirectX 10, which can be installed if not found on the user’s computer.
Windows Essentials 2012 application suite will end support on January 10, 2017.