VLC Media Playeris a user-friendly, open-source free music and video player. VLC Media Player 3.0.11 compatible with almost all popular media formats today.
The main interface when watching music videos on VLC Media Player
Nowadays there are many free music assistants provided but VLC Media Player still the most compact, flexible and stable software for watching movies and music. While other video players may only be able to play other formats after downloading the codec, or simply refuse to play, VLC can still handle a ton of formats, from MPEG files to FLV and RMBV.
VLC Media Player supports viewing 360-degree photos and videos
Viewing 360 photos on VLC is incredibly simple.
During the viewing process of photos and 360-degree videos you can zoom in, zoom out, and move around by clicking and dragging the mouse. Of course, you also have to prepare a video, 360-degree photo to experience this new feature.
With over 500 million downloads (according to developer statistics), VLC Media Player It is an excellent free music player, an alternative to Windows Media Player, iTunes, and RealPlayer. VLC Media Player has some amazing advantages that it can play almost any video format, with very small reinstall size.
The main feature of music player, watch movies for free VLC
- VLC Media Player is a simple, fast music player with many powerful support features.
- Playable from files on computers, disks, webcams, devices and even streams.
- Play a lot of file types without the necessary codecs packages such as: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 …
- Strong support on many platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS X … even Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
- Completely free, with no ads, no user tracking software, or even feature limitations.
- Can be used to stream and communicate online.
- In addition, VLC Media Player also supports allowing you to watch online TV, as long as there is a link of channels to watch.
The formats that VLC Media Player supports
- Video: MPEG-1/2, DivX® (1/2/3/4/5/6), MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG -4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A / B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3, DV, On2 VP3 / VP5 / VP6 , Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video (1/2/3/4).
- Audio: MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A / 52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD> 3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw / µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2 / QDMC, MACE.
- Subtitle: DVD, Text files (MicroDVD, SubRIP, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate.
ID3 tags, APEv2, Vorbis comment.
Download the latest VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player 3.0.11
VLC 3.0.11 (updated on June 16, 2020) is the 12th update for Vetinari, helping to fix many bugs that exist on the previous version.
- Correcting HLS regression error.
- Fix crashes when starting the program.
- Fix m4a file search error.
- Fix the sample retrieval error
- Fixed a crash when listing bluray link points.
- Restrict unnecessary permissions warning.
- Fixed the error of permanent mute after pausing video playback.
- Fix AAC playback regression.
- Increased security features.
VLC Media Player 3.0.9
- Processing loops in busy state when playing an invalid item over VLM.
- Fix multiple dvdread and dvdnav errors.
- Fix DVD error when changing clp.
- Fix dvdread / reverse data string command error in some cases causing unexpected problem.
- Better handling of damaged DVD license.
- Added libsmb2 support for SMB2 / 3 parts
- Channel splitter
- Fixed the bug where TTML components were skipped during decoding.
- Fix the error of not applying the tag WebVTT.
- Fixed H264 / HEVC aspect ratio in raw format.
- Correct regression adaptive to TS format changes.
- Fix regression with audio twos / sowt PCM.
- Fixed some quicktime and audio ms-PCM errors.
- Fix MP4 interleaved handling.
- Improved live playback for Smooth and DASH.
- Fixed search error in some cases for HLS.
- Activate Live search for HLS.
- New buffering controls and faster adaptive start.
- Service Discovery
- Update libmicrodns to 0.1.2
- Update libfaad to 2.9.
- Added DXVA support for VP9 Profile 2 (10 bits).
- Mediacodec frame rate with Amazon devices.
- Extract and display all CEA708 subtitles.
- Other changes and fixes.
Review of VLC Media Player
Remember when I was a freshman, living away from home, having no television, and having FPT’s Internet network was already “over” compared to my friends. Since I haven’t quit the habit of watching VTV3 movies at 6pm, I have to find an application that supports watching TV, and that’s how I know VLC Media Player.
Currently, VLC Media Player is also one of the popular applications for watching movies, listening to music, watching TV online (on FPT’s network) with many unique features and especially loved by users of video streams.
The most recent version of VLCAs always, there is nothing unusual about the interface, its improvements are often hidden deep within, giving users a better experience when using its powerful features.
VLC Media Player Multi-platform support: Windows, Mac and multiple Linux versions. The installer is a 20MB file, and requires 80MB of free disk space for installation. During the installation process, you can choose the language, components, directory to install, and be assured that there is no “tail” included. When you launch it for the first time, you’ll be asked if you want to allow VLC to receive information from the Internet and automatically check for updates.
VLC’s interface, as mentioned, always emphasizes simplicity, with command buttons located at the bottom of the screen. The progress bar is rounded at both ends to help you easily adjust to the part you want to watch, listen to while playing music, video. You will also see the elapsed time and the time remaining.
Download VLC to watch .mp4 videos as well
You have the usual buttons for play, pause / resume, stop playing, skip to previous or next track / movie in a playlist, view playlist, switch to full screen mode, extended settings for Subtitle effects, video, audio and sync, repeat and shuffle.
The audio controls will be located in the bottom right corner, with the ability to increase the volume by 120%. While watching a video, you can use the mouse wheel to easily increase or decrease the audio without having to click on the volume control.
If the tools are not satisfactory, right-click on the toolbar below and you will have all the necessary options.
Right click to show the full range of tools VLC
Features of VLC
VLC is loved by all video genres, because it can play almost any format, without requiring additional codecs.
It allows you to create basic bookmarks and playlists for storing multimedia files, monitoring podcasts and Internet radio stations. VLC Powerful, lightweight, fast and fully customizable shortcuts make it very easy to use.
View and create playlists quickly with VLC
Table set up the shortcuts of VLC
System resource consumption has decreased and VLC is currently using the GPU to play videos in HD (1080p) resolution to ease the CPU burden.
In addition, VLC also has the ability to repair broken content, supports a variety of subtitles formats, audio recording, screen capture and loop.
You can add effects for video, audio, zoom, rotate, crop, color, sharpen, set the video’s brightness, contrast. Enhance VLC functionality with rich plug-ins, extensions, and toolbar customization.
Toolbar’s customization VLC As you like
Streaming and playing DVDs
VLC allows users to play a wide variety of audio and video formats, including DVD, CD, VCD and various streaming protocols.
VLC is very versatile, it is not simply a software for watching movies, listening to music. What makes VLC so special is its ability to stream, broadcast any type of media file, and play a wide variety of files on both computers and on video streaming sites.
For example: You want to see a video above YouTube in VLC just open YouTube, find clip, copy link, open VLC up, in Media select Open Network Stream (Ctrl + N), paste the link in, select Play. And you can enjoy that clip on VLC.
Add YouTube video link to VLC
Watch high quality YouTube videos right on VLC
You can also adjust the aspect ratio of the screen to get a more consistent, responsive view.
There is another quite useful feature of VLC that you may not know about, which is video converter. Not only convert videos to formats compatible with smart mobile devices such as iPod, Android, VLC can also convert videos to MP3 format (extract music from video) and convert videos for posting to YouTube.
How to change the look for VLC
Thank you for reading until now, I will give you a gift, which is how to change the look for VLC, along with a collection of themes that you can download. here, bonus one more unique Alienware Darkstar theme.
To change the theme, you download the zipped theme file vlc-skins.zip, place it in the VLC skins folder, extract it. On my computer it is located in this path (C: Program Files (x86) VideoLAN VLC skins). File downloaded odd you also put in this directory offline.
Select the interface you want to convert for VLC
Next, open VLC up, in card Tools choose Preferences. Click the Interface icon, select Use custom skin, click Choose and select the skin file in the folder skins> Save. Restart VLC you will have a new interface.
Alienware Darkstar interface for VLC Media Player
Before the end of the article, it is not fair to mention the weaknesses of VLC:
- Although you have the feature to watch TV online, firstly, you must use FPT network, second channels are not always available to be viewed.
- In this upgraded version, VLC It said that support for 4k videos (Ultra HD resolution – 2160p), but when tested on Windows 8.1, this feature did not work as expected, it was frequently paused, skipped frames. or is blurred. In contrast, the application is inherently scorned Windows Media Player running that 4k video is “delicious” and smooth.
It’s too long, in short, VLC It has a ton of powerful features, support for multiple formats, no codecs required, good streaming support, and impressive customization capabilities. Although watching 4k video may not seem as expected, but 1080p is probably enough for watching movies. It is important that you feel the software that suits your style best.