Tiled is a free, easy-to-use and versatile game map editor (tilemap).
Download Tiled to design game map
Tiled game map generator features
- Simple, free, easy to use.
- Effective tools to stamp, fill brush and terrain.
- Full support for undo / redo and copy / paste.
- Add custom properties to tiles, layers, objects or maps.
- Automatically load tilesets when there is a change.
- Resize or revert your tile maps to their original sizes as needed.
- Rectangles, ellipses, polygons and image objects can be placed with correct pixels.
- Support for hexagons, three-dimensional maps, and orthogonal maps.
- Supports many formats: XML, JSON, BIN …
Download Tiled game map design tool to create and edit game maps
What’s New in Tiled Version 0.12.0
- Supports resizing for any object or multiselection (with lilac) Come on.
- Small changes with Control, Shift, Alt to keep the proportions while resizing, creating different options, making the resizing work as desired.
- Add Magic Wand selection tool.
- Add the Donate button to the About dialog box.
- Add Patreon dialog to Help menu.
- Added extraction format command line option.
Tiled map creation and editing interface
Tiled can be used to customize and even build your own map from scratch. Game map design tool This works with a wide array of files, Supports many types of maps such as: hexagon map, orthogonal map, three-dimensional map. Using Tiled you can add custom objects to your favorite game or start building a new level for your gaming project.
Tiled interface on Windows with many useful game map editing features
Support English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Italian.
Tiled is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Tiled game map design interface on Mac OS X
Tiled is highly appreciated by many game developers, especially in the form of object map, with xml standard. With object map, Tiled not only designs tile maps but can also be used to design levels. The xml standard makes it possible for users to export the styles they want, not limited to specified extraction types.
You don’t need to use a specific map generator for every game you like, just using Tiled is enough.
Video tutorial on creating a map with Tiled
You can see more introductory videos and instructions on how to use the Tiled game map creation and editing tool below: