If you leave your computer unattended and launch it in a public area, how can you prevent people from using it without permission? You will have many options, but one of the easiest and simplest solutions is Predator Home Edition. This free security tool assists users in locking and unlocking their computer by removing or inserting a USB drive.
When the USB drive is removed, Predator will lock the computer and dim the screen if anyone tries to use it without entering the correct password. You can enable passwords for every action or just once. This will be very useful and convenient if you are constantly away from your computer screen. It also records every activity and triggers an alert sound. If you lose the USB drive or don’t have it available, you can still unlock your computer with your password.
Predator Home Edition available for download in 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows users. To install the program, you need to create a password and security key. This is very easy. When the Predator’s interface is displayed, it places an icon of the program in the system tray. Thanks to that, it helps users to pause or exit programs, view log files and access Preferences which contains passwords and encryption keys, alert options and many advanced options. In addition, Predator is very easy to use.
The main feature of Predator Home Edition
- Protect multiple computers at home and office by using the same USB flash drive
- Protect several user accounts on one computer, each with its own setup and USB memory stick
- Lock user accounts on an hourly, daily or weekly schedule, each with its own schedule
- Send email alert messages
- Take a picture of the person trying to use the computer and attach it to an email or upload it to a remote server
- Log all security related events to a log file. This way, you will know if an intruder tried to use your computer while you were away.
- Regularly change the security code stored on the USB drive. If an intruder has copied the USB security code, the code will not work because it is constantly being changed.
- Disable Windows Task Manager when you remove the USB drive. No one can prevent this with Ctrl-Alt-Del.
- Disable the CD Autorun feature in Windows to prevent intruders from launching malicious software on specially designed CDs.
- Allows you to regain control of your computer if the USB is lost; When you run this software for the first time, you can set a password to unlock your session if the USB drive is not available.
- Activate an alarm sound if someone enters an invalid password.
Limit the child’s time using the computer
- You can determine the time of day that your child is allowed to access the computer with the built-in scheduling tool.
- Create specific rules for each user and every day of the week.
- In addition to the time allowed, you can also lock the computer, log off the user or turn off the computer or remove the flash drive to permanently disable the computer.
Computer protection at the office
PREDATOR will lock your computer when you’re away, even when your Windows session is open. It uses a USB flash drive as an access control device and works as shown below:
- Insert the USB drive
- Launch PREDATOR
- Do your job
- When you get away from the computer screen, simply remove the USB drive. Once done, the keyboard and mouse will be disabled and the screen darkened.
- When you return to using your computer and insert the USB flash drive, the keyboard and mouse will immediately be displayed.