Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) Demonstrating a remarkable evolution in security for Office 2003. It makes the Office suite more resilient to potential attacks and other security threats. This service pack also includes fixes that were previously released as separate updates for Office 2003.
Free office suite Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack
Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3 Microsoft’s free office suite, includes Microsoft Word text editor, Microsoft Excel spreadsheet processor, Microsoft PowerPoint slide show maker, Microsoft Outlook mailbox, and Microsoft Access database manager.
Components of Microsoft Office 2003 SP3
This service pack includes important new and new security updates. This service pack also includes updates previously released for Office 2003:
- Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- Office 2003 Service Pack 2
- Update for Office 2003
- Security Update for Office 2003
- Security Update for Excel 2003
- Update for InfoPath 2003
- Update for Outlook 2003
- Security Update for Outlook 2003
- Security Update for PowerPoint 2003
- Security Update for Publisher 2003
- Security Update for Word 2003
Service Pack 3 also includes stability improvements that were developed as a result of user comments from the Microsoft Online crash Analysis in Office 2003 and from Microsoft Product Support feedback.
Changes in the office suite Microsoft Office 2003 SP3
Some changes in Service Pack 3 change the behavior of Office 2003, such as disabling some features by default and increasing control for computer administrators. Besides:
- Office 2003 may not be able to open certain file formats.
- MAPI forms do not run in public folders and in user folders.
- Office 2003 can now be configured to allow or deny specific COM components.
- Some COM components with uncommon features may not function as expected.
- Changes made to the behavior of Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
- Attachments with the .gadget extension can no longer open in Outlook.
- Access add-ins are no longer configured for use by all users.
- The Quick Save setting in Microsoft Office Word has been removed.
- Documents saved in some format no longer contain the version number of Office.
- Some macros in the older Excel file format have increased security.
Pictures of Microsoft Office 2003 SP3
The interface of the text editor Microsoft Word 2003
Microsoft Excel 2003 Spreadsheet Processing Application Interface
Slide show editor interface Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
Although this office suite is quite old, it can only read .doc, .xls, .ppt formats, newer formats like .docx, .xlsx cannot be displayed in MS Office. 2003 SP3. However, its strengths are still supported by Microsoft and all free. Moreover, Office 2003 SP3 still provides full features important to the performance of office work.