Microsoft Edge – Download a secure web browser
Brand new web browser Microsoft Edge is built to give users a better web experience, some of which are easy to share, read, research, and get a lot done. Assistant Cortana With built-in content and web pages based on user preferences, the streamlined interface creates more space to focus on important content. And there are many more features that you can see more below. Currently, Microsoft is developing Edge based on Chromium.
The main feature of the browser Microsoft Edge
Install add-ons, extensions:
Microsoft is now allowing users to personalize and add new features Microsoft Edge browser by installing additional extensions through the Windows Store. The two latest extensions that have just been posted are AdBlock and Adblock PlusYou can download and experience.
The interface of the Adblock Plus ad-blocking add-on for Edge
Search faster in the address bar:
Download Microsoft Edge to try out Microsoft’s latest browser experience
No need to go to a website to search for pictures of adorable penguins. In the address bar, conveniently enter the desired word. Get search suggestions, results from webpages, browsing history and favorites on the spot.
Hub – all the tools in one place:
New Microsoft web browser interface
The Hub is where Project Spartan keeps what users gather on the website. Select the Hub icon image to see what you like, see your listings, browsing history and files being loaded.
Write on the web:
Microsoft Edge web writing
Project Spartan good Microsoft Edge is the only browser that allows you to take notes, write, doodle, and highlight directly on the web. Add some secret ingredients to have recipes right on the screen and share with your amateur chefs, collaborate on a new project with colleagues, or play a little fun with the kids- website becomes a color palette. Create an icon for Web Note to start adding web pages you are surfing.
Use Pen icon to write with touch screen or mouse.
Create the following reading list:
Reading list feature of Microsoft Edge browser
Project Spartan lets users create read-later lists with Reading List, where they can save articles or content they want to see later, whether you’re at home, on the train, or on a lazy Saturday morning.
Read with less distractions:
Microsoft Edge browser read-only mode
Project Spartan has a clean, simple interface, and has its own reading mode, by selecting the book-shaped icon in the address bar. This will bring up the front and center content. Users can change the style of the reading mode, the font size to suit them.
Dynamic duo: Cortana and Project Spartan
The combination of Cortana and Microsoft Edge
Like cats and videos, some features go better together. Project Spartan supports Cortana chat right in the address bar. Cortana can help users get to work faster and easier like booking and directions to the perfect dinner spot.
Get answers from Cortana:
Cortana gives the answer to the user
When a user has a problem on the site and wants more information, Cortana is always ready and able to know it all. Highlight the word or phrase you’re interested in, press and hold (or right-click) then ask Cortana and she will give you answers.
To start Project Spartan, users can navigate to the Start menu and taskbar. Or simply type Project Spartan in the search box.
New in Microsoft Edge
- Quick tool access: Pin commonly used tools to the front and center of the screen, select More> Show in toolbar, then select a tool from the list that appears.
- Block videos from autoplaying: To block annoying autoplay ads and web videos, select Show site information or in the address bar, then click Media autoplay settings in Website permissions.
- Improved concentration while surfing the web: When browsing the web in a reader, you can narrow the focus on the content by highlighting one, three, or five lines at a time. Click or tap anywhere on the page, select Learning tools> Reading preferences. Turn on Line focus, then select the line number.
- Look up the meaning of words when reading: While reading an e-book or web page (in the reader), select a word to see the meaning and hear the pronunciation instantly. Need to use this feature when you don’t have an internet connection? Please choose Download offline dictionary for offline use. Note: You can enable this feature for PDF documents by selecting More> Settings> Show definitions inline for and turn on PDF files.
- Personalize the interface: To choose between a light and dark background for the browser, select More> Settings> Choose a theme.
- One click to fill out the form: When you let Microsoft remember your name, credit card details, and other info, and sign in with your Microsoft account, this browser can help you fill out the web on your Windows 10 computer. To edit your info, select More> Settings> Passwords & autofill> Manage forms.
- Mark up PDF and e-book: Highlight text or add notes so you can refer to it later. To highlight text, select a few paragraphs, then click Highlight, then, choose a color. To add notes, select some text> click Add a noteand then type or write a note.
- Customize with extension: Personalize Microsoft Edge with extensions like Pinterest Save Button, Office Online, Honey, Adblock Plus, LastPass, Grammarly … Download extensions easily from the Windows Store.
- Access the web from the taskbar: Pin the pages you use most to the taskbar by Microsoft Edge. To do this, select More> Pin this page to the taskbar.
- Print content: Save the page simply by printing the desired content. This process does not include advertising or other clutter. Choose More> Print and turn on Clutter-free printing.
- Let the web read the content aloud to you: Microsoft Edge can read PDFs, e-books, and even web content. For an e-book, click and tap anywhere on the page and select Read aloud. On the page, right click and select Read aloud. Microsoft Edge offers the following options: Skip to the previous clip, pause or change the voice and speed by selecting Voice Settings.
- Other new features
- Set tabs aside for later viewing.
- Read e-book in browser.
Update Microsoft Edge to the latest
Microsoft Edge 85.0.564.41
- Sync in place Favorites and Settings. Now you can sync your favorites and settings between Active Directory profiles in your personal browser environment without the need to cloud sync.
- Microsoft Edge Group Policy supports trusted site + app combos to launch without confirmation.
- The PDF Highlighter tool is added to the PDF toolbar, making it easy to highlight important content.
- Support for the Storage Access API to access first-party storage service in the 3rd party context when the live storage type is blocked by the existing browser configuration.
- The Send to OneNote feature is available in Microsoft Edge Collections. You are even allowed to submit content to Office for other platforms (Word, Excel, and OneNote) for both MSA and Azure Active Directory.
- Updating DevTools.
Microsoft Edge 83.0.478.37
- Improved Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, including advanced protection against malicious sites (navigation on load), top frame blocking (replacing malicious page with Microsoft Defender SmartScreen secure page).
- Currently, users can bypass the automatic deletion of certain cookies when closing their browser. This option is useful when you are not logged out of a site but still want to delete all cookies when closing your web browser. To use this feature, go to edge: // settings / clearBrowsingDataOnClose and enable “Cookies and other site data”.
- Automatic Profile Switching now makes it easier to complete your work on all profiles. If you use multiple work profiles, you can test it by navigating to the account requests page while using your personal profile. You will receive a prompt to switch to your work account to access the site without having to authenticate.
- Improved collection features:
- You can use drag & drop to add an item to the collection without opening it. Alternatively, you can also choose a location in the collection list you want to place the item on.
- You can add more data to a collection at the same time.
- You can add all tabs in an Edge window to a new collection by right-clicking any tab and choosing “Add all tabs to a new collection”.
- Extension sync support.
- Improved notifications on Download manager page for blocked unsafe downloads.
- Other changes and improvements.