Inkscape 1.0.1 was graphics software Open source uses SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) markup language, the graphics standard developed by W3C. Technical graphics software This has many similar graphics editor features Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw.
The program’s intuitive interface gives users easy access, whether it be amateur “graphic artists”. Download Inkscape, you can design logo, painting, software icon or banner for website, very simple but extremely impressive.
The main feature of Inkscape
- Drawing tools: pencil (hand drawn with simple paths), pens (creating curves and straight lines), writing art (using calligraphy lines)
- Shaping tools: rectangle (contains rounded corners), ellipse (includes circle, arc, segment), star or polygon (can be circular or random), spiral
- Text tool (multi-line text, comprehensive editing on canvas)
- Velvet bitmap (by creating bitmap command, embedding the selected object)
- Clone: A directly linked object copy, includes a tool for vignetting and arranging the copies
Manipulate the object
- Transform (move, expand, rotate, shift), both interactively and define with precise numeric values
- Operate in order (increase or decrease)
- Group objects (“select in group” without ungrouping, or “enter the group” to create temporary layers)
- Layer (lock or hide layers, rearrange them together, the layer can form a layered tree
- Alignment and distribution commands
Fill and create lines
- Color selection (RGB, HSL, CMYK, color wheel, CMS)
- Color picker
- Copy, paste
- Slope editing is capable of creating multi-point gradients
- Pattern background (bitmap / vector)
- Brick stroke with many custom motifs
- Path markers (end, middle, and start points, for example, arrow marks)
Editing on the path
- Edit node: remove nodes and Bezier commands, align and move nodes …
- Convert paths (for text objects and shapes)
- Simplify the path with many different levels
- Inset and Outset paths, including dynamic and linked offset objects
- Bitmap tracking (both color and monochrome paths)
- Multi-line text
- Use any installed font outline, including right to left script
- Kerning, letter spacing, line spacing and editing
- The text on the path (both the text and the path can be edited
- Text in shapes (Finishing shapes with lines)
- Anti-aliasing screen
- Supports Alpha transparency for displays and PNG export
- Done when you drag the visible object during the interactive transitions
- Perfectly suited for creating and editing SVG format files
- View and edit the document tree directly in the XML editor
- Export to PNG, OpenDocument Drawing, DXF, sk1, PDF, EPS, PostScript and more
- Command-line options for export and conversion
Inkscape software update
Introduces the CSS dialog and selector tool
- The CSS selectors and dialog boxes have been added to the Object menu. New dialog allows the user to edit CSS, select any object with the existing CSS selector. This feature completely replaces the Selection Sets dialog in the old version.
Export color PDFs through Scribus
- Scribus PDF export extension added to create PDF files quickly. However, users should still check the file before printing.
- This feature is integrated in the Save as and Save a Copy dialog boxes.
- Go to Color> List All to discover the new extension that lists all the colors used in the text and supports easy customization.
Fixed crashes and other minor bugs
- Improved Zoom feature and text feature dialog box.
- Improved tools like 3D-box, Eraser and Gradient besides Node, Pencil, Selector and Text.
- Stabilizes existing Live Path Effects (LPEs), which handle transitions like moving, stretching, or cutting well.
- Background change support and many new customization options.
- Supports higher resolution displays (HiDPI).
- The default zero is in the left corner.
- Rotate and duplicate the canvas.
- Aligns on the object’s canvas.
- X-Ray mode and split viewer.
- PowerPencil for editable drawings, change the width of the strokes with the stress-sensitive graphics tablet.
- New PNG export option.
- Integrated centerline trace, for vectorization of line drawings.
- You can search in the Symbol dialog box.
- New Live Path Effect selection dialog.
- Corners (Fillet / chamfer) LPE, (lossless) Boolean Operation LPE (experimental), Offset LPE and new Measure Segments LPE and more.
- Improved line height settings.
- Supports many font variables.
- Python 3 support for extensions.
- Updated programming interface for extensions with many new options.
- Python extensions will now run with Python 3.
- Fonts on Windows 10 that are not yet globally available are now ready for use in Inkscape.
- Open the new feature requests, bugs, and reports page for users on GitLab at https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inbox/issues/.
- Extensions are now compatible with Python 3 and 2.
- The Save as> Cairo PNG export option has been removed, to avoid confusion with the Export PNG image option.
- Inkscape now has the ability to find and display fonts installed in the default Windows 10 user-selected folder.
- Limited size of the font previewer.
- Removed GCodetools update check.
- Removes the Trace Bitmap dialog box if Inkscape is compiled without potrace.
- Eliminate the spell check dialog box if the necessary spellcheck library is not installed.
- Other bug fixes.
Use the command line
3 new command line options for tweaking page size when exporting as SVG:
- –export-area-page while using –export-id
Added support for switching between RTL (right to left) and LTR (left to right).
Tools for drawing circles / ellipses / arcs
New plots for vertical / horizontal (Rx / Ry) radius settings to the toolbar.
Export PDF + LaTeX
Supports multi-line text with basic support for the line spacing attribute.
New performance configuration options
New option “Rendering tile multiplier” in Rendering profile, can adjust the displayed block size. Larger display areas contain more complex content that requires more computation time, but modern computers with powerful hardware can complete tasks with ease.
Improved fontconfig 2.13.0, faster related font handling. One of the tasks is to index all fonts available on the system.
Windows extensions can now use Tkinter without having to install it.
Updated translation to the following supported languages: French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Ukrainian, Icelandic, Korean.