Slack 4.7.0 is a popular group chat application, especially useful in teamwork and study. The current, Slack Full versions available for PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices.
Slack is considered as one of the “start-ups” in the technology industry that is rapidly rising and is expected to create storms in the near future. Compared to other chat applications like Viber, Skype, Email …., Slack converge many advantages. Firstly, this is a cross-platform application so users can chat with each other regardless of device. Second, Slack integrates the ability to link with hosting applications with many other vendors such asDropbox, Google Drive, GitHub…, making it easy for workgroups to track project progress right in the chat window of the application. Thanks to this feature, users do not need to open too many windows or browsers at the same time while working.
New feature of group chat software Slack
- Instead of reloading the entire app, when you access it View> Reload then Slack only reloads the currently used applications.
- When you switch to another channel, Slack ignores Action Center notifications Windows 10) on the channel just moved.
- Use Help> Report to send feedback or error file. It will automatically attach recordings and don’t waste your time.
- Want to use hotkeys when using Slack but can’t remember them all? Please visit Help> Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Although it rarely happens, there are some applications that appear white when there is a problem with the network connection, now this case is almost completely fixed.
- Starting the application from the Windows command prompt worked more reliably.
The main feature of the chat application Slack
- Channels: Organize group chats into open channels. Create a channel for a project, topic, group or whatever, everyone can see clearly everything that is going on.
- Private channel: For sensitive information, create private channels and invite a few members to join. No one else can attend or see this private channel.
- Direct messages: To communicate directly with colleagues send them direct, completely private and secure messages.
- Drag, drop and share files: Not only texting, you can also share files, images, PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, by dragging and dropping them directly into Slack. Add comments, stars and can be searched easily. If you use any service like Google Drive, Dropbox or Box, just paste the link into Slack, the folder will be instantly synced and can also be searched.
- All the tools in one place: Connect all the tools you use to Slack and no longer have to switch between apps. Set up this integration to get every notification right in Slack, from support requests to error messages, all searchable in one central repository.
- Search the entire archive: Everything in Slack such as messages, notifications, files, … are automatically indexed and archived so you can easily find and use whenever needed. Slack also indexes the contents of all files, so it can be searched in PDFs, Word documents, etc. Google Docs and more. With a search box and powerful set of search operators, you can quickly get the message you need out of lots of saved messages.
- Follow you anywhere: Slack is available for iOS and Android mobile devices, so everything you do on one device syncs across other devices and gets you back to work quickly where you left off.
- Customize notifications whether using Slack on your phone or PC. Show them all to be alerted to everything, or just turn on a few to focus more on your work.
- Work more efficiently: Less emails, higher productivity. Slack users found that they reduced internal email by 48.6%, making the work atmosphere more pleasant, productive, and simpler.
Highlights of Slack
- Stable and faster.
- Powerful for mobile use.
- Smart message notifications. Allows the option to receive all notifications or only when mentioned in someone else’s message.
- Integration with many other applications.
Free package of Slack allows people to store up to 10,000 messages exchanged by the group, 5GB of storage space and link to 5 other services. Paid plans offer more functionality and more comfortable storage.
An additional benefit of Slack is that thanks to hashtags representing channels, all team members can grasp the progress of the whole group without having to create many different group chats. For example if your team has 10 people planning a trip for a few days. You can create as many channels as # places-to-go, #acimum, # food-to-try, #places, #activitiesAfter that, people just clicked on it to track progress. In addition, you can also send images, files, and videos thanks to the ability to attach files in groups like other free chat applications. However, Slack also concentrates all the files in the same section so that shared information is not washed away in the group chat.
It can be said that Slack has created a new trend in the way of working and communicating among members of a team. Thanks to its useful features, everyone can support each other, collaborate on a project without difficulty, even in many geographical locations and using different devices.