CPU-Z 1.94 is free software that allows you to see basic information on your computer system such as processor name and number, code, process, mainboadrd and chipset type, memory type, size and many other SPD parameters. Not only provide information about computer hardware, CPU-Z Also provides real-time measurement of operating frequency and memory frequency of each core.
Load CPU-Z by Cpuid to kCheck computer hardware information
CPU-Z help you see manufacturer name, chipset series, socket, speed parameters, bus, cache, how many cores … so you can check information about your chipset and know the machine is running in overclock mode or not. In addition to the main version, CPU Z also has a version CPU-Z Portable For users who want to check the machine’s configuration without installing additional software.
CPU Z It has an intuitive interface that enhances technical information and organizes them more sensibly than images. Upon application launch it may take some time to load all the modules categorized into 8 tags (as listed). Some details are displayed in real time, such as current core and bus speed, along with FSB.
All data can be exported to a simple text document or HTML file for further inspection and safety. In addition, this information can also be sent online for developers to validate it.
Information that CPU-Z can check
- Processor name and number, codename, process, encapsulation, cache levels.
- Mainboard and chipset.
- Memory type, memory size, timing and module specification (SPD).
- Real-time measurement of the internal frequency of each core, memory frequency.
List of CPU-Z special shortcuts
- Keys F5: Allow to save screenshots as bmp files in application folder. The files are named cpu.bmp, cache.bmp, mainboard.bmp and memory.bmp.
- Keys F6: Copy the current page to the clipboard.
- Keys F7: Save the validation cvf file in the current directory.
- Keys F9: Switch between CPU clock calculation methods.
Introducing CPU-Z Vintage Edition
After 20 years of release, CPU-Z introduces users to the CPU-Z Vintage Edition to upgrade support for the classic 386, 486, 586 and 686 processors of all brands. This version can run on both older Windows 95 and 98.
CPU-Z Vintage Edition Features:
Improved detection of older 386 to 686 processors, including:
- Intel i386 (SX & DX), i486 (SX to DX4), Pentium (P5 to Tillamook), Pentium Pro, Pentium II and Pentium III (Katmai to Tualatin).
- AMD Am386 (SX & DX), Am486 (SX2 to DX4), Am5x86, K5, K6 (2, 2+ & III) and Athlon (K7 to Barton).
- Cyrix Cx486DLC, Cx486S, Cx486 (DX to DX4), 5×86, 6×86 (& MX), MII, MediaGX.
- And others: IBM 486SLC / SLC2 / BL3, NexGen Nx586, UMC U5S & U5D, Rise mP6, IDT Winchip C6, VIA C3 …
Updates in CPU-Z versions
CPU-Z 1.94 – AMD Zen 3:
- Preliminary support for the new AMD Zen 3 architecture, codenamed Vermeer.
- Additional GPU TDP on display page.
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper (3960X, 3970X and TRX40 chipset), adds support for 10th Gen Intel Core, codenamed Comet Lake.
- Preliminary support for a new Centaur x86 CPU with an AI coprocessor has just been announced.
- Vendor support for new x86 in CPU-Z. Add Zhaoxin products to the software. Zhaoxin introduced the 2017 KX-5000 SOC codenamed Wudaoku and the 2019 KX-6000 SOC codenamed Lujiazui.
CPUZ is a free software based on Panopsys hardware detection technology. CPU-Z allows you to get some information about your computer, including:
Main components of CPU-Z
1. CPU card
Helps you know the current processor brand name (Name), Code Name, Authentication Brand (Brand ID), Package, Technology (Technology), specification ( Specification, Family, Model, Stepping, Ext. Family, Ext. Model, Revision, Instructions, Speed Core Speed, Level 1 Cache (L1 Data / Trace), Level 2 Cache (Level 2), Level 3 Cache (Level 3), Multiplier, Bus Speed (Bus Speed / Rated FSB) processor selection should be checked (Selection), multiplier (Cores) and number of threads (Threads).
2. Card Cache
Provides information including the size of the 1/2/3 provisioned caches (Size), the Descriptor label, and properties.
The CPU-Z Caches tab provides cache-related information
3. Mainboard card
Addresses issues related to the motherboard including Manufacturer name, Model, Chipset / Southbridge, Browser code (Rev.), Sensor ), the brand of the base I / O system (Brand), the BIOS version (the Version item in the BIOS area), the date created (Date), the version of the graphic interface (the Version item in the Graphic Interface area), Transfer Rate (Transfer Rate), Maximum Speed (Max .Supported) and Brand (Side Band).
4. Memory card
Indicates RAM type (Type), size (Size) and timing parameters (Timings).
Information in the Memory card of CPU-Z
5. Card SPD
Helps you to check all the specifications of the RAM in each specific slot.
6. Card Graphics
Give information about the computer’s graphics graphics processor name (Name), code name (Code Name), approval code (Revision), technology (Technology), graphics processor clock (Core) , memory size (Size), memory type (Type).
Information about the graphics processor in the Graphics card of CPU-Z
7. Bench Card
Allows you to run a Bench CPU or CPU Stress to check the stress level on the processor. This CPU Bench test ran on all Intel Core i7-5775C processors in ASUS Maximus VII Impact with UEFI 2801 and scored 1408 in Single Thread CPU test, and 5042 in Multi Thread CPU.
CPU-Z’s new Bench Card
8. About Card
Shows the version information of CPU-Z, author – software home page, Windows version information in use, DirectX. In addition, it also gives you the tool to export reports on detailed hardware information to * .txt or * .html files.
Download CPU-Z – Version information of CPU-Z.
CPU-Z works with minimal amount of system resources, therefore Does not affect computer performance. It shows correct information and works smoothly when tested on Windows 8.1 operating system.
In a nutshell, CPU-Z provides users with a simple solution to find out important hardware information and parameters on the computer, even identify some unknown components.
Review – Review of CPU-Z
General, CPU Z allows you to simply review all detailed information about your computer’s hardware and easiest. Not only that, you also easily see the clock speed, chip fan speed …
- Check hardware information quickly.
- User-friendly interface, easy to use.
- Free software.
- You can check the Update for BIOS, Drivers.
- Data displayed without explanation will be difficult for those who are not computer savvy.