7-Zip is a completely free data compression and decompression software that supports compressing and decompressing pictures, programs, folders, videos, audio, games easily and quickly. The files after compression have a low capacity to save storage space.
Download 7-Zip – The software supports compressing and decompressing files quickly.
7-Zip is rated as the best free compression and decompression utility available today. Even when compared to famous commercial softwares like WinRAR good WinZip 7-Zip is not inferior. Good feature, integrated into Context menu (right-click menu) together with intuitive interface make 7-Zip very easy to use.
7- Zip uses LZMA decompression technology., Which compresses files much smaller than the original file, but still retains the file quality. 7-Zip can read most types of compressed files today, including 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, WIM, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, Z. Additionally, 7-Zip also supports compression of its own 7z format, which according to In comparison, its compression ratio is much higher than Zip format by WinZip. 7-Zip supports creating self-extracting exe archives like WinRAR, and has the function of splitting compressed files into smaller archives.
7-Zip is developed completely free and open source; You do not need to register to use or pay any fee to use. In particular, 7-zip supports Vietnamese interface.
Moreover, 7-Zip both unzip and listen to music, watch movies or compose documents without any problems. At the same time, you can enable automatic program shutdown after the compression or decompression is complete.
In the old version of 7-Zip, there are 2 serious security holes. One is CVE-2016-2335, which comes from the 7-Zip’s Universal Disk Format (UDF) file handling. When the partition maps are scanned for objects in the file system, the check is not performed, causing security flaws that hackers can use to execute code remotely. The second is CVE-2016-2334, an overflow error occurs when processing zlib archives.
Talos and 7-Zip have worked together to fix these bugs in version 16.0, so to be safe you should update 7-Zip to the latest version.
If you don’t like the installation 7Zip You can upload the set to your computer 7-Zip Portable Use it to compress files and decompress files instantly without any cumbersome installation. The benefit of using a portable suite is that you can take it with you and use it on any computer if needed.
The main feature of 7Zip
- High compression ratio with 7z format (standard compression LZMA and LZMA2)
- Supported formats:
- Compress / Decompress: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Extract support only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip offers a 2-10% compression ratio, which is better than the rate provided by PKZip and WinZip.
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats.
- Self-extracting for 7z format.
- Integration with Windows Shell.
- Good File Management Support.
- Powerful command line version.
- Plugin for FAR Manager.
- Localized 87 different languages.
Latest 7-zip update
7-Zip 20.00 alpha
- The 7-zip now supports a new fit option for LZMA / LZMA2 compressors: bt5 and hc5 can work faster than bt4 and hc4 for data with rich redundancy.
- Improve the compression ratio for the fastest possible compression level with the following default settings:
- Fastest level (-mx1): Find hc5 combination with 256KB directory.
- Quick level (-mx3): Find hc5 combination with 4MB directory.
- Small-speed optimization in the multi-threaded LZMA / LZMA2 compressor for Normal / Maximum / Ultra compression levels.
- The bzip2 decoding code is updated to support bzip2 archives, generated by the lbzip2 program.
- Fix some bugs.
- New language: Turkmen (in East Ly Hai).
7-zip 19.02 alpha
- 7-zip can now decompress files encrypted with Base64 encoding (fileb64 name extension).
- 7-zip can now use x86 / x64 hardware guides for SHA-1 and SHA-256, supported by AMD Ryzen and the latest Intel CPUs: Ice Lake and Gildmont. It increases:
- Speed of SHA-1 / SHA-256 calculation.
- Encryption / decoding speed in AES zip file.
- Key derivation speed for encrypt / decrypt in 7z / zip / rar archives.
- Speed up AES and 7z / zip / rar zip encryption with the following improvements:
- 7-zip can now use the new x86 / x64 VAES instruction (AVX Vector AES), supported by Intel Ice Lake CPU.
- Improved current code of AES-NI x86 / x64.
- 2% speed optimization in the 7-zip benchmark decompressor.
- Fix some other bugs